A hello from our team at BFPS!
YRDSB Podcast: Learning and Caring Plan
Want to learn more about YRDSB’s Learning and Caring Plan?
York Region District School Board launched a podcast called Tune In YRDSB in February as a way to entertain, inform and inspire learning through storytelling. Tune In YRDSB has six episodes uploaded and accessible to the community.
The most recent episode is called Learning and Caring During COVID-19. On this episode, Associate Director of Education Dr. Steven Reid speaks with Superintendents Kate Diakiw (Student Services and Well-Being) and Heather Sears (Curriculum and Instructional Services) about YRDSB’s Learning and Caring Plan and answers some common questions related to it.
All episodes are available on Anchor.fm/yrdsb and you can subscribe on your favourite podcast platform to get future episodes as they are released.
While schools may not be open, families can still register for Kindergarten. Our school, along with all elementary schools in the Board, is now offering online registration. Families can access the online Kindergarten registration information at bit.ly/KindergartenYRDSB.
Please note: A laptop or desktop computer is strongly recommended to complete the online registration, rather than a mobile device.
Alternatively, families can also complete the elementary school registration form and email it directly to the school. Once schools re-open, families will need to bring in their documents (e.g., birth certificates) for verification.
School Registration (Grades 1-12)
Families new to York Region District School Board registering a student in Grades 1-12 can submit the registration forms via email.
1. If you are required to register through the Reception Centre, please send a completed elementary or secondary school registration form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Families can contact the Reception Centre directly with questions or if additional support is required.
2. Families who do not need to register through the Reception Centre can send a completed elementary or secondary student school registration form to their school email address. Use the school locator tool to identify your home school. School email addresses are available on the school websites.
We look forward to welcoming our new students and families to our school. Families are welcome to send questions regarding registration to the school’s email address found on schools’ website.
NEW! Grade 8 Reach Ahead 2020 Summer Credit Language Program & Grade 9 to 12 Students (Spanish & Mandarin)
- Grade 8 students can now take a Grade 9 credit course this summer in Spanish or Mandarin.
- Grades 9 to 12 students can now take Level B or C summer credit courses in Spanish or Mandarin.
- Prerequisites are not required for any Level B international languages course.
- This is an 18-day program (July 6-29, Monday to Friday, 8:45 a.m. to 3:33 p.m. daily) for one credit introductory (Level B) international languages course.
YRDSB Students – Registration opens March 9, 2020
- Register online using myPathway Planner. Please refer to the My Pathway Planner tip sheet to register.
Non-YRDSB Students – Registration opens March 9, 2020
- Complete the registration form.
- Forms can be dropped off Monday through Friday at the Continuing Education Services office located on the main floor of the Dr. Bette Stephenson Centre for Learning (36 Regatta Ave., Richmond Hill) between 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.
This program is available at the following summer school locations:
- Langstaff SS, Richmond Hill
- Milliken Mills HS, Markham
- Sir William Mulock SS, Newmarket
- Tommy Douglas SS, Vaughan
More information is available from Continuing Education.