Dear Beckett Farm Families and Students,
As many of you may know, my time at the Farm has come to a close. I will be moving to 2 new schools next year within YRDSB.
Thank you for allowing me to serve as your Vice Principal for the past 2.5 years. It has truly been an honour and a privilege serving the Beckett Farm PS community. It has given me the opportunity to get to know you, your strengths and your unwavering dedication to learning and making BFPS an amazing place to be! Thank you for all your support, kindness and confidence throughout these years- you are a community of heart and soul. I hope you have felt my sincere desire to support and promote excellence in student achievement and well-being. I wish the students all the best in their future endeavours and I hope our paths may cross in the future.
I would like to take the opportunity to welcome your new Vice Principal, Ms. SriPriya Rajan. She brings with her a wealth of knowledge to support student achievement and is excited to join the Beckett family. I know that each one of you will support and embrace Ms. Rajan with the same warmth and welcome that you have given me at my time at Beckett Farm PS.
All the best,
Retrieval of Student Materials/Belongings from the School
Re: Student Material Retrieval and Return Process
Thank you for signing up for material retrieval to safely pick up items your children may have left at school and return items that belong to the YRDSB for Monday June 15 and/or Tuesday June 16. Families who are unable to sign up for a scheduled time should email our school email address (email@example.com) and school office staff will help.
Safety protocols will be in place as you enter school building, and will include:
- practice social distancing by staying two metres apart from anyone not from your household;
- wear a mask (if you choose);
- use hand sanitizer as you enter and exit the building (Any one wearing gloves upon arrival will be asked to remove and discard them. Applying hand sanitizer to gloves is not considered an acceptable way of cleaning hands.);
- use the designated entry/exit doors only;
- expect that retrieval/return time slots will be 15 MINUTES ONLY
You are asked to wear a personal face covering (non-medical mask such as a cloth mask or bandana) to reduce the spread of respiratory droplets to protect others. For more information about how to use face coverings properly, visit www.york.ca/covid19. Masks and gloves will not be provided.
If you are currently using a board-issued laptop and you are returning to a YRDSB school in the fall, please keep your laptop for use over the summer. If you are not returning to a YRDSB school in September, you must return all YRDSB technology (e.g., laptop, chromebook, etc.). All students are expected to return the following items which belong to the school:
- School library books
- Teacher classroom library books
- Classroom supplies
- Musical instruments that belong to the school
- Athletic uniforms and equipment
- Anything else that is property of the YRDSB
Guidelines for Visit
- Visits to the school must be conducted within the Public Health Guidelines. Physical distancing, single entry point and hand sanitization are expected to be strictly adhered to by anyone entering our buildings. Further, a self-screening must be conducted prior to entering the building.
- Elementary school students, a parent/guardian is to retrieve materials with your child
- One Parent and One Child only will be allowed into the building during the 15 minute time slot that you have for one classroom
- Ensure you know your child’s homeroom, teacher’s name and/or locker number/combination
- Secondary school students must retrieve items individually (with the exception of Community Class students)
- No additional family members, particularly children, will be allowed to enter the building during the assigned time slot.
- No access to washrooms or drinking fountains.
- If your child has medication at the school, it will be bagged, labeled and available for pick up as you enter the building.
- Desks, lockers and any other individual spaces must be cleared out, as all remaining items will be discarded. Lockers should be left open, and school locks may remain
- Family members/students will be told where to return items (one central drop off for secondary, homeroom class for elementary). There will be no walking to other rooms
Our ultimate goal is to provide a safe and supportive process to allow for the retrieval of materials and return of school property. We know this has been a most challenging year, and we thank you for your cooperation as we facilitate a safe and organized process.
Attached please find the parent’s guide and material retrieval & return process for your reference.
1) AEBS 2020 Scholarships for Black Students Graduating from York Region District School Board High School
2) CONNECTING COMMUNITIES: A CONVERSATION WITH AUSCHWITZ SURVIVOR GITA CYCOWICZ
3) CONNECTING COMMUNITIES: MEET THE AUTHOR OF “SWEET NOISE: LOVE IN WARTIME”
4) Summer is almost here! Low Key Activities to Have Fun and Be Well!