January 14 2022
We hope everyone is keeping safe and well. We understand that each and every one of us is experiencing some anxiousness as we prepare to welcome our staff and learners back to school. Rest assured that we at Beckett Farmclosely follow Ministry, Public health and Board Covid 19 guidelines to maintain a safe place at our school. Please review the information below closely as you prepare to send your child/children back to school.
Learning Model Switch
Thank you for completing the form that was sent to families asking you to indicate if you wish to have your child attend school virtually at this time. Please note that your child is welcome to attend in person learning when they are ready to do so. If you wish to make a change, please inform your child’s teacher and the office at firstname.lastname@example.org Requests will take 24 to 48 hours to process.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
COVID-19 DailyScreening – Changes Beginning Monday, January 17, 2022
Parents/Guardians of students are required to complete on-line self-assessment COVID-19 School and Child-Care Screening Tool on a daily basis, prior to their child entering the school.
Upon completion of the self-assessment, Parents/Guardians will complete the response to the question:
“Have you completed the self-screening tool?” in the Confirmation Form, using their child’s GAPPS account login information.
Schools will have access to a report in Trillium Reporting indicating students for whom the screening confirmation form was not completed. We will be emailing families and calling if not completed.
We kindly request your cooperation and support in completing this 2 STEP process each day.
New Public Health Measures
In addition to current health and safety measures, when schools reopen to students, York Region Public Health is requiring the use of masks for all Kindergarten students attending York Region schools. All students in Kindergarten to Grade 12 will be required to wear masks.
Thank you for your ongoing support and patience. We will continue to share updates and information with you as it becomes available. You can also follow the Board’s Twitter feed: @YRDSB, or for information about YRDSB’s reopening plan, visit:http://www.yrdsb.ca/school-reopening.
Return of Chromebooks
All students that borrowed a Chromebook, or any other technology, are asked to return it to the school. Please have your child return it directly to their classroom and give it to their teacher to include in the classroom inventory.
What to bring to School:
Students should bring:
1. Mask and Mask bag (All students in Kindergarten to 8 must bring 3 layer masks to school. Please also bring a breathable bag or container for storage.)
2. Backpack: easy to open (please do not hang any toys or hand sanitizer on the backpack)
3. Snack and Lunch
– in easy to open containers (reminder
– no food drop offs will be permitted)
4. Change of clothes (for younger students, clearly labeled that can be left at school. (Recommended to put in a large resealable bag with your child’s name on it).
5. Refillable water bottle (clearly labeled with your child’s name on it)
6. Winter Clothes: (snow pants, gloves, hat) be aware of the weather and winter conditions)
We will not accept any drop off of learning materials, lunch or clothing
Kindergarten registration for September 2022 begins January 14 for the 2022-23 school year. Children who turn four or five years old during 2022, live within the school boundary and whose parents/guardians are public school tax supporters will be eligible to register for Kindergarten.
There are several ways you can register for Kindergarten:
- Online -Families can access the online Kindergarten registration information at www.yrdsb.ca/kindergarten. It is recommended that families use a laptop or a desktop, rather than a mobile device to complete this registration.
- By email – Families can download the Elementary School Registration Form at www.yrdsb.ca/Kindergarten and email the completed form to their school email address. Email addresses can be found on the school website.
- By phone – Families can request support from the school Principal/Vice-Principal to complete the registration form on their behalf by collecting the required information by phone. Families can request an interpreter, if needed, during this phone conversation. Call your local school.
- By mail or appointment. You can mail completed applications to the school, or request an appointment to drop-off your completed paper application form. Families are asked to follow all school COVID-19 protocols while on site. All permitted visitors must wear a mask.
Please note, at this time, under our health and safety protocols, we cannot accept walk-in registrations. Once you have completed your application, the school will contact you to make an appointment to review and verify the required documents.
Our Kindergarten programs are caring and welcoming where children learn through exploration, play and inquiry. You can learn more at www.yrdsb.ca/Kindergarten. We look forward to welcoming our new students and families to the school.